Random Ideas:including a new blog idea.....


Once again, I'm sorry for how late this post is. Hopefully this will change due to an idea I will mention below.

So, what have I been doing all this time? I sometimes have trouble with that question, so how about this: What have I been thinking all this time?

Well, here are some completely random thoughts I've had lately:
  • How I will probably not finish "Copycat." How do you novel-writers out there stick to just one idea at a time?! 
  • It would be really fun to be a talk show host. Just imagine - you interview people for a living! Lately I've been thinking of what questions I would ask people, particularly actors/actresses and writers. The main question I would ask actors/actresses and writers is: "Do you see any remnants of yourself in the character/protagonist?" What questions would you ask? I'd love to hear your answers in the comment section!
  • Simple machines. I'm taking General Science, and I just finished the module on simple machines, so now I'm analyzing every item I see. Hey, I think I used a first-class lever today! Now I should calculate the mechanical advantage......
  • Acting. A while ago I realized something: When I daydream, I often imagine being in different (sometimes dangerous) situations, usually with a different personality type - and I don't usually like to commit to the same situation and the same persona all the time. So I assumed this meant I should be a novel writer. However, I noticed that my tendency is not to write about it, but to ACT it out! It's like my imagination comes without verbal fluency -  which can be very frustrating for a writer. In other words, I want to play the role as long as someone else makes the script. There was only one problem with this observation....I don't have much experience. And even when I did, I didn't cease the opportunity like I should have. I decided I needed practice. But how would I get it? As I was wrestling with this, my mom saw that a Homeschool Drama Camp was available, and she asked me if I wanted to do it. Of course I said 'yes,' and I was so excited that I SMILED! Okay, I know. But really, that's how my mom knew I was excited. So now I want to work on being more aware of my facial expressions/body language, and making sure to talk with inflection. Those have been recurring thoughts lately.
  • A new blog. This is probably the most interesting thought to you, Reader. I know what you're thinking - that I can barely keep this blog going. That's what I thought, too. But then I realized something: first of all, I think, for writer's-block's sake, that having a specific blog rather than a personal blog would be easier. Also, it would make the blog known for something (you know, how you hear a blog name and know immediately "Oh, yeah that's a blog about ____.") so that when you are looking for information about a certain topic, you know where to go. And lastly, I have been brainstorming (sometimes at the cost of sleep) ecstatically about blog post ideas, all relating to one topic - a topic of which I have sustained much interest in. The topic is: the personality types. I would like the blog to be a combination of the DISC temperaments and the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). The only thing I haven't thought of is a name. Any ideas?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copycat: A novel I'm working on